WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 200g tenderstem, stems cut in half
- 80g mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g Love Beets Honey & Ginger infused beets, cut into wedges
- small bunch fresh chives, snipped
For lemon dressing
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- juice ½-1 lemon, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper & sea salt, to taste
WHAT TO DO
- Make the dressing by whisking together the rapeseed oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
- Steam or boil the tenderstem for 3 to 4 minutes until just tender but with a little bite.
- While the tenderstem is cooking toast the seeds by tipping them into a small frying pan. Add the soy sauce and cook over a medium heat, tossing regularly to coat all over, for about 3 minutes until the seeds are crisp and golden. Take care not to burn them or they will taste bitter.
- Arrange the cooked tenderstem and beetroot wedges on a plate, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle over the toasted seeds and chives. Serve immediately.