WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 rashers thick-cut bacon
- 450g green beans, trimmed and chopped in half
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g Love Beets cooked beets, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 80g pecans, chopped
- 40g goats cheese
- 80ml balsamic vinegar
WHAT TO DO
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy (about 3-4 minutes). Place the strips of bacon on a cutting board, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the green beans and crushed garlic to the pan and sauté for about 8 minutes stirring frequently until green beans have softened but are still al dente. Add the chopped beetroot and salt and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, pour the balsamic vinegar into a small pan and bring to a full boil. Allow vinegar to boil until reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- Once the vegetables have finished cooking, transfer them to a large serving platter or bowl. Chop the strips of bacon and sprinkle on top and add the pecans and goat cheese. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over everything and serve.