WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g Halloumi, torn into bite sized chunks
- 4 Love Beets Cooked Beetroots, cut into quarters
- 4 spring onions, cut into 3cm battens
- 1 marrow, sliced into disks
- 4 kebab sticks
WHAT TO DO
- If using wooden kebab sticks, soak them in water before using so they don’t burn on the braai.
- In a small frying pan, toast the cumin seeds for a minute or two until they become fragrant, take care not to burn them. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and oil and season well.
- Tip the vegetables and halloumi into a large bowl, pour over the dressing and combine well to coat. Thread the vegetables and cheese onto kebab sticks, reserving any dressing left in the bowl. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side the braai or under the grill, until the cheese is browned and crisp on the outside and the veg is cooked.
- Pour the reserved dressing onto a serving plate. Once cooked turn the kebabs on the serving plate to soak up the remaining dressing.